|Corruption by country|
Transparency International's Corruption Perceptions Index scores 180 countries according to the perceived corruption of the public sector and then ranks those countries by their score. A low score earns a high ranking, and signals a perception of a corrupt public sector.  In the 2021 Index, Albania scored 35 out of 100 possible and ranked 110 out of 180 countries; for comparison, the best score was 88 (ranked 1), and the worst score was 11 (ranked 180). .
Corruption is still considered one of the most problematic factors for establishing business in Albania. Even though anti-corruption legal framework of Albania is moderate, its enforcement is weak and corruption conviction rates are still very low.
Corruption and Human Development in Albania
After 1990, Albania has passed from a centralized economy to a liberal one. Liberalization has brought both mainly negative effects to the politics, economy and other social aspect. There are two main components that measure a country's progress toward success. Firstly, the economic growth is the most used and discussed indicator of the progress. During the last two decades the economists have been more interested in the economic development, consisting of the aggregate of health, education level and income rather than economic growth. Secondly, the corruption level is found to be a significant component of progress. Different researches have founded out a negative relationship between corruption level and countries’ progress. Empirical research of Hysa (2011) reveals that there is a statistically significant negative relationship between corruption indexes and human development. Empirical evidence of the study, comparing Albania with the EU member countries, suggests that more corrupted countries tend to have lower levels of human development. In the Albanian case, the relationship between corruption and human development is found to be much stronger than in the EU countries.
- Corruption in Kosovo
- International Anti-Corruption Academy
- Group of States Against Corruption
- International Anti-Corruption Day
- ISO 37001 Anti-bribery management systems
- United Nations Convention against Corruption
- OECD Anti-Bribery Convention
- Transparency International
- "Extent of public corruption in Albania".
- 2012 Corruption Perceptions Index Archived 2006-06-19 at the Wayback Machine, Transparency International
- e.V., Transparency International. "Albania 2013 - World's largest opinion survey on corruption - Transparency International". www.transparency.org. Retrieved 2017-06-22.
- "The ABCs of the CPI: How the Corruption Perceptions Index is calculated". Transparency.org. Retrieved 2 November 2022.
- "Corruption Perceptions Index 2021: Albania". Transparency.org. Retrieved 2 November 2022.
- "Business Corruption in Albania". Business Anti-Corruption Portal. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- Hysa, E. (2011). Corruption and human development: Albania and EU-27. Social Studies Journal, 5(2), 43-52., https://www.researchgate.net/publication/324273986_CORRUPTION_AND_HUMAN_DEVELOPMENT_ALBANIA_AND_EU-27